Here’s a big congratulations to the winner of the Walkabout Harnesses giveaway. We had a fantastic response from readers. I want to thank everyone for sharing your personal story about life with a paralyzed dog.
The owner of Walkabout Harnesses, Cathy Erwin, also read every entrant’s story. She wrote to say how deeply touched she was by the dedication you show to your dogs. To thank all of the pet families who entered the giveaway, Walkabout will be offering you a special discount.
So, if you left a comment about your dog, be sure to watch for my personal email that will include an exclusive discount code from Cathy. The code will help you buy your own Original Back End Harness and Full Body Suspender for your pup.
And now I want to introduce the winner of the contest
Sammy is a sweet Border Collie/Golden Retriever mix who had a rough start to life. He was left in a backyard to die. But his pet mom Martha came to his rescue and gave him the life he deserved.
Sammy is nearly 15 years-old. He lives with Martha and Charley, his Beagle/Jack Russell Terrier mix housemate. The two dogs are inseparable.
Here is what Martha wrote about her crew:
Sammy has hind end Degenerative Myelopathy as well as arthritis. However, he still tries to do his work of protecting me and his ‘little brother’, Charley. Sammy hasn’t been for a walk or a car ride for over a year due to his falling and inability to get into the car. I am unable to lift his 70 pounds of weight.
I promised Sammy when I rescued him that I would take care of him until one of us died. I feel that I’m not providing him with the quality of life that he deserves. The Walkabout harness will help me take my babies for walks again.
Sammy also loves to go in the car and bark at cows that he sees. I’m looking forward to allowing him this pleasure again.
Three ways Walkabout Harnesses helps dogs regain their mobility
- The Original Back End Harness has safely rehabilitated millions of pets all over the world in the 30 years that is has been on the market.
- The Walkabout Front End Harness is for dogs with problems that affect their front limbs. These include canines with injuries and age-related problems.
- The Airlift One works like the original back end support harness, but it is made from breathable Airprene material. It’s great for warm climates.
In addition, Walkabout offers two slings:
- The Walkabelly Support Sling gives stability to a dog’s belly. This is a good product if your dog still walks on their own.
- The Hoistabout is a temporary support sling for dogs who are recovering from surgery.
I can’t thank Cathy and Walkabout Harnesses enough for the generous giveaway. As I have said many times, Sophie and I would not have made it through her 5 years of paralysis without this exceptional company.
Disclosure: This giveaway was not a paid post. There is an affiliate relationship with Walkabout Harnesses and Lessons From A Paralyzed Dog.